Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Art of the Cover

"Don't judge a book by it's cover" well.. I'm going to introduce you to a few artists whose careers revolve around how to get you to pick up the perfect novel solely based on the cover.

My first job was to put the books away in my local library.  I spent so much time around the books, and became familiar with several book cover artists, as well as some really awful designs.  I felt as thought I was in an art museum every day, and loved looking at the covers.  I was highly inspired by this.

Book Cover Artists:


Richard Hollis:



Issac Tobin: 


Anna Dorfman: 


Susan Walsh:



Next Time:


I was lucky enough to design a book cover for a first-time author (Reynold J. Levocz).  Check back next time to see my book cover design, and my process in creating something to convey the story properly and to catch the viewer's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment