Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Welcome


Welcome to my Weekend Artspiration blog



I wish to inspire you to notice the art around you, learn more about it, and create!  

You don’t need to be a talented artist… you just need to have an open mind. Every week I will choose something that has inspired me.  I will include some artists, as well as examples of every-day pieces that you may have never noticed.  I hope to open your world to what art is – the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.  “Art” means something different to everyone, but in the end it’s about how a piece can move and inspire you. 

I encourage you to participate by explaining how a piece in the topic translates to you,  sharing anything that you have created, or sharing any art that has inspired you.

So, join me every weekend for a little artspiration!

- Moni

4 comments:

  1. Great! I will be looking forward to the art you will be sharing.
    Do you have any personal art that you will be sharing?
    This is one of my favorite creations. http://2godbtheglory.deviantart.com/art/Passion-on-a-T-shirt-362513352

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah,

    Thank you for sharing one of your favorite creations.. it is really interesting! T-shirt art is definitely something I would love to talk about on this blog =) and yes, I will certainly share some of my personal art along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! :) Thank you.
      Awesome, do you have a favorite medium to work with?

      Delete
    2. Well, most of my work is done digitally but I absolutely love creating art by hand. I think my best non-digital work is in charcoal. It's really fun and messy.

      Visually I am drawn to oil paintings and watercolor, and hope to give painting a try soon. I'm really open to anything =)

      What kind of mediums do you work with?

      Delete