Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Super Stop Motion

My Stop Motion:

Here's my version of stop motion animation.  I used the free app to take the consecutive pictures, and imovie to add the sound effects. This was so much fun.  Enjoy!





My Inspiration: 


The App:


I used "Stop Motion Studio" to take the photos for this stop motion video.  My favorite part of this app is that it has an opacity control.  This allows you to see the last picture you took, and adjust it so you can see what you are about to shoot at the same time.  Because stop motion is basically creating each frame one photo at a time, this option helps to easily create a more seamless animation. This app made stop motion very easy to create because it puts the photos together into a video for you.  So, give it a try! ( This was one very memorable night lol).

To create this Superman stop motion animation, I put 167 photos together, 2 songs, and 3 different sound effects.  It took 30 minutes to decide on a story, 80 minutes to arrange props and take each photograph, and 110 minutes to add special effects, audio, and fine-tune adjustments for finalization.  I used 5 pillows, 3 watches, 3 clocks, and 1 very amazing boyfriend to create this film.  I hope you enjoyed it =) because I loved creating it.

Check It Out:

Here's my very first stop motion animation: Adventures of Rudy .  I created this in Fall 2012-13 for a video class.  



Stop motion allows you so much control with every shot and every movement... the options are endless.  If you want to share something you've created, or a stop motion animation you have found to be inspiring please share it with me.


Join me next weekend for some more Artspiration!

- Moni





1 comment: